It is normal for skin to get dry due to many reasons like climatic changes, skincare concerns or issues, and a lot more. Dry skin acts as a base for many more skin concerns like itching, sun damage, harsh rays, skin cracks, and a lot more. There are different ways to resolve skin dryness issues like by adding creams or serums to your skincare routine. When you have dry to extremely dry skin, here are some of the tips that can help you:
- Make sure to use a good quality and PH-balanced soap or face wash. This will help in keeping your skin well hydrated and at the same time will not suck out the natural oils present in them.
- While using moisturiser make sure that your skin is a little damp. Either you can use them after washing your face, or once after you use a toner. This will help in making your skin get absorbed with the moisturiser you put it on; at the same time, they will keep your skin hydrated and moisturised at the same time for a longer period.
- Use a thick cream-based moisturiser than going with a gel-based one, for locking the moisture for a longer time period.
- While using face masks, go with hydrating toners or ingredients like milk, honey, or curd. This will help in giving an oil kind of moisture to say bye to the dullness.
- Add serums to your routine, which is filled with natural and organic essential oils.
Here is a list of the ingredients which can help in removing the dryness present in the skin:
- Ceramides – Ceramides are one of the best ingredients to look for if you are suffering from dry and flaky skin. It helps in keeping the skin cells together which generally helps in keeping our skin barrier healthy and nourished. A healthy skin barrier is nothing which helps in sealing the moisture deep well into the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid – One of the safest and most-used ingredients by almost everyone for healthy skin. It is a multi-purpose product which helps in fading the spots and pigmentation marks, and at the same time helps in making the skin well hydrated. Hyaluronic-infused products will be one perfect choice for making the skin well-hydrated and moisturised.
- Squalene – This is a magic product which is oily based, but is not oily at the same time. This is generally derived from canes or olives, which will help in sealing the hydrating while not making the skin oily and dull
The above three ingredients might be a perfect choice if you are looking for a good hydrating and sealing kind of moisturising effect. When choosing any skin care or hair care product, it is important to choose the right one based on your skin or hair type and concerns. Get your hands on the right product or right brand to make them work and sit well on the skin so that the skin concerns are reversed.