The amount of sleep you get and the quality of it have a direct relationship with wellness, both physical and mental. A good sleep of seven to nine hours is important for the body to tackle the challenges of life as it lives through it day by day. So it is safe to consider it a part of self-care to get a recommended amount of sleep.
If the body does not get enough sleep then it gets more vulnerable to encounter memory and cognitive problems as well as other conditions related to mental health such as anxiety, stress, and depression. In the fast-paced modern world, most of us have let go of the effort to ensure proper sleep as part of the self-care routine.
For other people who are determined to get a good night’s sleep, there are other problems such as the inability to fall asleep and the inability to maintain a sound sleep without any interruption. Therefore, the following steps can be taken as a part of a self-care routine to ensure that you get good sleep:
- Sleeping should be at top of the list – Getting proper sleep of a minimum of seven hours should be at the top of your priority and it should not be ignored for other things. This also answers the question of is sleeping important for the body as it turns out to play a pivotal role in your ability to continue a healthy life.
- Sleep cycle is important – Maintaining a proper sleep cycle is important. A sleep cycle constitutes when you sleep at night and wake up in the morning. A consistent sleep cycle will help your body adjust its body rhythm and it will help you sleep well.
An important part of self-care with a sleeping routine is to maintain the sleep cycle even on a weekend in which something like melatonin sleep lotion for example can help you in maintaining it.
- Mid-day naps can disrupt sleep – naps are healthy for your body if they are kept short and get over quickly. If they last for more than half an hour, then it may have a direct impact on your ability to fall asleep at night. Even if shorter naps are affecting the quality of sleep then experts recommend that you may benefit from meditation or relaxation sessions more.
- Associate the bed with sleep – your bed should be synonymous with sleep. This means that you have to move all other activities of your day away from your bed or bedroom. This is a way of conditioning the brain to associate bed with sleep. If you are in your bed and unable to fall asleep then it is better to move away from the bed and return only when you are sleepy.
Similarly, computing gadgets and mobile phones are a big hurdle in our self-care with sleeping routine as they keep our brain busy and therefore unable to fall asleep. Melatonin sleep lotion helps the body fall asleep by allowing it to relax even after exposure to digital devices such as mobile phones and tabs.
A little bit of sun and exercise is helpful – it is important to get exposure to the sun for a few minutes every day to keep your body healthy. Equally important is to get moderate exercise at least a few hours before going to bed. Moderate exercise as compared to vigorous exercise is more helpful in letting the body go to a deep sleep state quickly.
How is sleeping important for the body?
People have become used to ignoring the need for sleep in their life and can be frequently seen as taking sleep routines for granted. If you are still unsure about how is sleeping important for the body then the following benefits of sleep may answer your question in a more convincing manner:
· Helps in maintaining an ideal BMI – people who cut down on their sleep are more likely to experience eating disorders that lead to obesity and related health problems.
· Improves cognitive function – sleep-deprived body and mind find it more difficult to learn new things, retain memory, and recall on cue.
· Better academic performance – many scientific studies have linked low-performing students in academic settings to a lack of sleep.
· Promotes emotional and physical health – lack of sleep makes people anxious, irritable, demotivated, depressed, and fatigued. People experiencing sleep deprivation for a long time are more prone to developing chronic diseases.
Therefore, it is important to carry out self-care with a sleeping routine with the help of a natural sleep aid such as melatonin sleep lotion.
Melatonin Sleep Lotion – A Natural Sleep Aid
Computer and mobile phone screens, as well as stress and other sleeping disorders, can make falling asleep difficult for people. A natural sleep aid such as melatonin sleep lotion can help improve sleep quality and duration in these people; when other health factors are not present.
Melatonin sleep lotion is an alternative to melatonin pills that help in sleeping disorders. Melatonin is present in the human body and it is associated with the sleep-wake cycle of the body. The lotion form of melatonin is more acceptable to people as it does not require them to take pills every time they go to sleep. It is also a general practice among people to apply their lotions/moisturizers before going to bed therefore it is more convenient for them to get used to a melatonin sleep lotion as well.
Melatonin sleep lotion is an all-natural sleep aid that contains a sufficient amount of melatonin and other helpful natural contents to help a body relax and rejuvenate by inducing deep sleep. It also has a moisturizing effect on the skin. The recommended use of this all-natural sleep aid is about 45 to 60 minutes before hitting the pillow. This gives ample time for the lotion contents benefits to be taken up by the body via skin cells. It will help you attain a sleeping state quickly and then maintain a sound sleep throughout the night so that you wake up in the morning feeling energized and refreshed. The added benefits of MSM and magnesium for relaxing muscles help even more with better sleep.
It is very important to note that if, after a self-care routine for sleeping well, the sleep disorders continue then it might be an indication of an underlying health problem that must be discussed with your general physician or a healthcare expert at the first instance.