Doing constant hair changes is a trend nowadays. Jumping from one style to another was made easy, thanks to the availability of various hair accessories.
There are many things to consider when choosing a hair accessory. For example, if you are in need of hair extensions, it comes in many types. Now, we are going to talk about the 3 types. Flat Silk Weft Hair, Hand-tied Weft Hair and Machine tied Weft Hair?
It may be confusing at first but let us take a look at it one by one so you will be able to make the right choice which will fit with your preference.
Take time to read this article before you jump and go to the store to buy one.
Flat Silk Weft Hair
Surely, this type of hair extension is on trend and top favorite of many women. In fact, you will see that this tops the list of their go-to extensions. Below are the qualities of a flat silk weft hair.
- Not Difficult To Attach – Because it is super thin, attaching it to your hair is easy. You also don’t need to worry if you intend to use this for a longer time. Its weight won’t be a problem because it won’t put pressure to your original hair.
- Lightweight – This extension is thin flat which is only about 1mm in thickness. You won’t feel that an extension is added to your hair because of how light it is. It makes it comfortable to wear.
- Blends In With Your Natural Hair – You will not see short hair strands in this weft because those were removed so it can easily match with your hair. It gives the illusion that your locks are all natural. It will be hard for other people to tell that you are actually wearing an extension because it is super thin.
- No Short Hair On Top Of The Weft – Don’t be bothered by those annoying short hairs because you won’t see one in this extension. No more uncomfortable feeling while using this because those were already removed upon production. You don’t even have to worry about any hair fall.
It can also be styled depending upon the color and style that you wish to have. Many stores offer this extension at different prices. Some will even give you a customized option to satisfy your needs. It can be pricey but when you purchase it from a trusted store, there is an assurance that you can get the best value for your money.
Hand Tied Weft Hair
From the name itself, it obviously refers to weft hairs which are tied by hand. This type of hair extension is best for you if you want to give volume to your hair but you don’t want to go through the process of putting your scalp into tension.
- Ultra-Thin – You can easily layer them especially if you aspire for more volume without risking the condition of your natural hair. However, you have to bear in mind that when stacking one weft to the other, you must never trim the weft or else it will be a mess.
- Easy installation – There is no need for extra hair styling tools when attaching this one because it doesn’t need heat or glue. You only need your hands.
- Reusable – The hair will lay flatter on your head and you can even use it again as long as you have given proper care to it. You need to understand that the length at which you can enjoy this extension will be dependent on how you treated it afterwards. It won’t stay long in your hair if you never paid attention to it after it’s being attached. Reusing it for 6-8 months is guaranteed if you never lacked in taking care of it. This means that you don’t have to install it every day.
If you have thin hair and you choose to use hand-tied weft hair, you will need more weft hair. You have to check your budget and see which among the 3 types can give you more savings.
Machine Tied Weft Hair
Many find it confusing to differentiate between hand-tied and machine-tied weft hair but there is surely a difference between them.
- Thicker – This extension is manufactured in long bundles. You can cut this without posing damage to the hair. This is recommended if you want to add more volume to your hair because the weft is already thick.
- Less Expensive – This comes at a lower price because the production process is not that long.
- Weigh More – Expect that it is way heavier than the other types of weft hair because of its thickness. It may give a feeling of discomfort especially if it is your first time wearing one. But over time, you can get used to it.
It may look easy to install and you may have decided to do it yourself but it is best if you let stylists do it for you. They will not only make it look better but they will also guarantee that it is done properly from the volume, to the number of wefts to be used and even to the longevity of the wefts when already attached to your hair. Doing it the right way will also ensure that your hair won’t be at risk from damages during installation.
No matter which among the three types you will choose, it doesn’t matter as long as it matches with your preferences. It is a matter of how you will handle yourself after the installation.
Always think about the comfort and longevity that the weft hair can give you. Weigh your choices in order to get the best value for your money. Choose the best store where you can purchase it. There are many stores but not all of them will offer the same quality. Do not rush and take your time to compare each store by reading reviews about their customer’s satisfaction.