A nebulizer machine for asthma is a tiny piece of medical equipment that changes liquid asthma medicine into a mist. The patient can inhale the mist in the right manner and it reaches directly to the lungs. Basically, this is medical equipment that is used to deliver top-notch treatment to anyone who wants to control asthma. In addition to this, a nebulizer is known to provide various benefits, especially to older adults and small kids suffering from asthma.
Keep reading to find out the uses of a nebulizer and everything else that comes along.
How to make use of a nebulizer?
Before you start using a nebulizer, make sure to have all the below-listed supplies.
- A nebulizer cap
- Air compressor
- A mouthpiece or mask
- Compressor tubing
- A prescribed medication’
Once you have all of these supplies, follow the below-mentioned steps and you will be able to use the best nebulizer machine without facing any issue.
- Take the air compressor and place it on a study surface. Make sure that the surface has the ability to support its weight. Now plug the cord from the air compressor.
- Before the asthma treatment begins, make sure to wash your hands in the right manner using soap and water. Let your hands dry properly.
- Measure the amount of medication before getting started. Make sure to follow the instructions mentioned on the nebulizer packaging.
- Now take a nebulizer cup and put the medicine inside it.
- Assemble the nebulizer cup and a mouthpiece or a mask.
- Attach the tubing to the nebulizer cup and air compressor.
- Switch on the compressore and ensure it is working in the right manner. You should see a light mist coming from the backside of the tube of the mouthpiece.
- Now sit up straight on a chair that is comfortable. If the treatment is given to a child, make them sit in your lap.
- If you are using a mask, place it comfortably on the face of your child or someone using it. However, if a mouthpiece is being used, place it between the teeth and ensure that the lips are sealed.
- Take deep, slow breaths. If it is possible for you to hold the breath for two to three seconds, do that. This makes it easy for the medicine to settle inside the airways.
- Continue with the treatment until and unless the medication is finished. In order to understand if the medicine is finished or not, consider the sputtering noise.
- While the treatment is taking place, keep check of issues like dizziness. Make sure to stop the treatment if you or your child feels dizzy. Immediately get in touch with your doctor and discuss the same with them.
These are the steps you ought to take when using a home nebulizer machine. Now that you are familiar with the steps, we hope using it won’t be an issue. Follow all the steps we have mentioned and get started. The treatment will go smooth;y and you won’t face any inconvenience.