Vaping CBD is amongst the fastest growing industries across the world. Although there are other ways to consume CBD, many people prefer vaping it because it is the quickest way to get CBD effects.
CBD oil helps individuals to tackle different health issues. A study shows that CBD may help fight insomnia, chronic panic, anxiety, and cancer.
The popularity of CBD oil does not only come from vaping or consuming CBD-infused edibles, but it also comes from CBD infused products like make-up and skincare products.
Bearing that in mind, here are eight things to consider before vaping CBD oil:
1. What is vaping?
Vaping is the process of inhaling vaporized liquid using an electronic device like a vape pen or vaporizer. Typically, when you press the button, the device will be on to produce vapor. It is the vapor that you inhale, and this vapor contains CBD compound that will deliver results.
There are disposable and reusable vape pens. The disposable vape pens are those that you use once and throw them away, while reusable are those that you fill with your CBD e-liquid as and when you want to vape.
2. How does vaping CBD oil work?
The inhaled vapor passes through a person’s alveoli, the tiny air sacs, and will enter the blood, mainly in the lungs. It is in the bloodstream where the CBD travels to the brain quickly. Then, it interacts with various cannabinoid receptors in the body to deliver its effects.
3. What type of CBD in the CBD oil?
CBD comes in three different forms; CBD isolate, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum.
- CBD isolate – it is a pure CBD extract from the hemp plant and does not contain any other cannabinoids. It is 99 percent pure.
- Full-spectrum CBD – it is CBD extract from the hemp plant, but along with some cannabinoids like THC and terpenes.
- Broad-spectrum CBD – it is a combination of both full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate, but without any THC.
Thus, understanding their main difference helps a person choose the right type. Also, the legality of THC determines the kind of CBD to buy.
4. Why choose to vape CBD oil over other forms?
Here are the reasons to choose vaping CBD oil, instead of consuming CBD edibles, capsules, twisted extracts, among other forms:
- High bioavailability – inhaling CBD shows its effects within one to three minutes and can last up to one to three hours. So, it is beneficial for people who consume CBD for an immediate response, mainly when in pain or fighting a panic attack.
- Less toxic – vaping CBD oil is a safer option to smoking raw flower since it may contain no added ingredients or harmful substances. It also does not produce any toxic smoke.
- Accurate dosing – you can dose CBD accurately when vaping than when consumed in foods or other oral forms. Therefore, it is crucial when taking CBD for the treatment of severe health issues.
- Cannabinoid retention – vaping CBD leaves a high amount of cannabinoid retention rate, usually about 60 to 90 percent. So, vaping leads to less waste of cannabinoids than smoking.
The health benefits that come with vaping CBD oil
Vaping CBD oil helps people battle with various health problems, including:
- Acute or chronic pain.
- Mood swings.
- Stress and anxiety.
Research shows that CBD helps control seizures, provide anti-convulsant effects, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant properties. Remember that CBD affects people differently. Thus, it is crucial to work with a doctor when starting vaping CBD oil for wellness and health reasons.
6. Vaping CBD oil does not get you high
Vaping CBD does not get a person high since it does not contain THC. THC is the cannabis compound that has psychoactive effects that lead to the ‘high’ feeling.
CBD is a cannabinoid from hemp plants, and can only contain about 0.3% of THC. Thus, vaping CBD gives you its health benefits without the mind-altering effect.
7. CBD is not addictive
Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, CBD is not habit-forming or addictive. Hence, vaping CBD provides the needed relief within a short period without risk of dependence on the product. It is a significant advantage because most treatments for managing anxiety, depression, or chronic pain may be addictive.
8. Where to buy safe CBD oil
CBD oil is available online in many dispensaries. However, buy from an online dispensary that sells genuine and quality products. It is advisable to look for third-party certifications as this indicates a trusted manufacturer.
It allows you to choose a product with exact amounts of CBD and not those with additional THC. Thus, do your homework well to get a high-quality CBD oil.
The above crucial things about vaping CBD oil helps prepare and know what to expect when vaping. As well, the dosage of CBD oil to vape depends on some factors, including weight, your needs, and quality. Thus, the dosage that works for one person may not work for you.