Powders play an important role in making your makeup set and creating an even kind of look all over the face. There are two types of powders available where one is a loose powder and the other is a pressed powder. Here are some of the benefits of using pressed powder:
- Pressed powders are used to set the liquid foundations and concealers for a longer period.
- It helps in making your makeup sit on the skin irrespective of rubbing the skin.
- Perfect for dry skin type folks.
- Since pressed powder has natural oils in them, it suits dry skin people more than oily skin people.
- A small amount of powder goes in the long run.
- They help in setting your makeup; So it is not necessary to smudge or brush off the excess powder present in the skin.
- You can even just dab the pressed powder on your face if you are a no-foundation-concealer kind of person.
If you are confused about the application of pressed powder, then here is a simple guide for your reference:
- Prepare your Skin:
Whenever you start your makeup, make sure to use a hydrating moisturiser to make sure the skin is well-hydrated. Then use a primer on areas like cheeks, lower lips, and forehead to hide the visible pores.
- Now apply the right shade of your foundation, and a little darker shade of concealer if needed. Dot and dab them all over your face.
- To make them set and not move out easily, take a pressed powder and gently dab it with the help of a sponge or brush all over your face. Wait for some time, until the pressed powder creates its magic.
- If you want a simple subtle look, then this will be the best look that you can create after applying your lipstick.
- Else if you want eye makeup too, then use a powder sponge near your cheekbone, and apply products. This is because even if the products are spilt, they will be there in the sponge itself.
- You can even reapply the pressed powder again after your eye makeup to create an even makeup look. Rather than coating all over your face, just concentrate on the areas where it needs to be filled.
- Brushes and Sponges can be used for applying the pressed powder, because they can give you a complete and defined kind of look to the face.
So, if you are looking for a good quality and better setting powder, the Revlon pressed powder is one of the best choices to go with. There are three different shades you will get light, medium, and darker skin tones. Currently, there is even 25% off going on, where you can get the pressed powder below 1000.
One of the advantages of using the Revlon powder is that they can even be layered so that you can create a shaded look by just giving two to three layers on the face. Always focusing the powder in the T-Zone might give you a shiny and glowing look.