Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive drug found in cannabis. Being a natural product, it has minimum side effects and offers several benefits for the skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD make it an ideal cosmetic product. The CBD cosmetic market is growing substantially over the last few years, and the recent Market Watch report estimates it to be a $ 1.7 billion market by 2025.
CBD, being rich in antioxidants and nutrients, offers sufficient nourishment to keep your skin plump and glowing. By interacting with the endocannabinoid system in the human body, it can help to cure several skin problems like dryness, inflammation, acne, wrinkles, etc. By activating the CB2 receptors on our skin, CBD helps to control sebum production from the sebaceous glands. Additionally, with anti-aging properties, its regular use helps in reducing the visible signs of aging on your skin.
Being an edible product, CBD is available in a variety of forms commercially. If you live in Canada, you can even go online to select from cannabis oil canada products. Now that you know about the health benefits of CBD check out these DIY cannabis masks for glowing plump skin:
1. CBD Face Tightening Mask:
CBD boosts collagen production in our body to prevent skin loosening and strengthen skin muscles. CBD-based face masks, with their therapeutic properties, can improve the elasticity of your skin. Here is a simple DIY face mask for skin tightening:
- CBD Oil from daily marijuana – Two tablespoons
- Honey – Two tablespoons
- Cinnamon Powder – One teaspoon
- Bentonite Clay – Two tablespoons (You can use other clay as well)
- Mix cinnamon powder with clay in a bowl
- Add CBD oil and honey.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Put the paste on your face uniformly and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face and wipe the paste off using cotton or a towel.
2. CBD-based Avocado Face Mask for Acne Control:
Mixing avocado with CBD oil can speed up the regenerative process of skin cells. Such a face mask destroys toxins to reduce acne formation and results in brighter skin. Follow these DIY steps to make the CBD avocado face mask:
- Ripe Avocado – One
- CBD Oil – Four tablespoons
- Spirulina Powder – Two tablespoons
- Patchouli Oil – One teaspoon
- Cut the avocado, remove its skin, and put it into a blender.
- Add other ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until you get a creamy and smooth paste.
- Spread the mask on your face uniformly and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face and wipe the remaining paste off using cotton or a towel.
3. CBD-infused Coconut Oil for Even Skin Tone:
Coconut oil contains several acids that are beneficial for the skin. High concentrations of fatty acids in coconut oil act as a binding agent for CBD oils. CBD-infused coconut oil has antimicrobial properties that provide an even tone and give you clearer skin with reduced wrinkles. You can create a face mask using simple ingredients for maximum benefits. Here is how to do it:
- CBD-infused Coconut Oil – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Yogurt – 1 tablespoon.
- Raw honey – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it for 45-60 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash it off.
- Use your regular face wash for face cleansing.
4. CBD Honey Oat Face Mask for Dry Skin:
Oats are rich in fiber and natural cleansers for skin nourishment. These fibers provide deep cleansing of skin pores and hydrate it. Especially for dry and itchy skin, combining oats with honey can do wonders by nourishing your skin. Adding the anti-inflammatory properties of the CBD oil to this mixture, you get a soothing effect on your skin. Follow these steps to prepare the DIY face mask:
- CBD Oil – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Oats – 2 tablespoons.
- Raw honey – 1 teaspoon.
- Grind the oats into a fine powder.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water gradually while mixing until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste uniformly on your face and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face.
5. CBD-infused Charcoal Face Mask for Glowing Skin:
The activated charcoal helps in removing bacteria, excess oil, dust particles, and other polluting chemicals from the skin pores. It cleans and prepares your skin to receive the maximum benefit of CBD oil. This facemask uses Aloe Vera that contains Vitamin C and E for glowing skin. Similarly, turmeric, being a great antiseptic agent, controls oil production in the skin. Follow these steps to create a CBD-infused charcoal face mask:
- CBD Oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Activated Charcoal – 1 tablespoon.
- Aloe Vera Gel – 1/2 cup.
- Turmeric – 2 tablespoons.
- Chamomile Tea Bags – Two.
- Witch Hazel – 1/4 Cup.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a smooth gel.
- Boil the chamomile tea bags and cool them.
- Use a face cleanser to prepare your skin.
- Apply the gel on your face. Place the cooled tea bags over your eyes.
- Leave the face mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face and wipe it with a wet towel.
Pro-Tip: To get the best results from these face masks, prepare your skin with a hot shower or expose it to steam for 5-10 minutes. This simple step opens the pores on your face for optimal absorption and instant results.
The Bottom Line:
Using a home-made face mask ensures that your skin receives natural and organic products. The absence of any chemicals minimizes the possibilities of any residual side effects or irritation.
The DIY face masks mentioned above require everyday ingredients and are easy to make. More importantly, they save money and allow you to control the ingredients to match your skin type. By using these face masks, you will be able to get plump, glowing skin with minimum effort.